Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snow in Kansas City

Well, the snow actually did hit. So what to do now? Enjoy the blessings of a warm house and food to eat.

 I actually got to read a book from beginning to end yesterday. Plain Perfect by Beth Wiseman.

I simply adore all Amish Stories, and really am fascinated with their views on life and how we all seem to think that because they do not have the same distractions and influences we have that their lives are just all roses and laughter.

I think about how I can try to live my life like the Amish, and change my mindset to live more peaceful. So this is my quest to find out can I go from being a stressed out, angry, agitated doubtful believer to a strong, grateful, and encouraging human being to everyone around me.

I am setting out on a journey to learn as much as I can about the Amish, and hope to find a better person inside of me along the way.

I understand I will never be Amish but I hope that in this journey I will have a better understanding on how their strong Bible beliefs make them exactly who they are.

First question to be answered who are the Amish, and where did they come from?

No comments:

Post a Comment